+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stats test

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Stats test

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am not very good at stats and for my PGCE I have to do a stats test with the data I collected but don't even know where to start

I have attached my data. Basically I tested my pupils (I have emitted their names) and got their results (%) tested them after a week (after I implemented memory tasks) and got their percentage scores and then again after 2 weeks.

I now have to do a stats test with this data so I can analyse? What test can I even do? I believe I need to show if it's significant or just show I can analyse?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Attached Files

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Thanks

Re: Stats test

If it is essentially the same variable you measured at the three occasions (i.e. the same type of tasks and about the same task difficulty), then you could compare whether the percent score changes between time points. Unfortunately, you did not mention how large your sample size is. If it is n > 30, then you could compare means using a "dependent samples t-test". If your sample size is smaller, I'd recommend the "Wilcoxon signed rank test" or the "sign test", which do not compare means, but will nevertheless indicate whether the group performance changed between time points.

With kind regards

K.
    »Jetzt kann mich der Führer mal am Arsch lecken.« (Ernst Kuzorra, 1941)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 44

Thanks

Re: Stats test

Quote Originally Posted by Karabiner View Post
    If it is essentially the same variable you measured at the three occasions (i.e. the same type of tasks and about the same task difficulty), then you could compare whether the percent score changes between time points. Unfortunately, you did not mention how large your sample size is. If it is n > 30, then you could compare means using a "dependent samples t-test". If your sample size is smaller, I'd recommend the "Wilcoxon signed rank test" or the "sign test", which do not compare means, but will nevertheless indicate whether the group performance changed between time points.

With kind regards

K.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to help me, it is greatly appreciated.

My sample size is 16. The tasks were all the same difficulty and essentially the same type of task. Just questions.

So you think the Wilcoxon signed rank test or the sign test?

Again, thank you for your time

+ Reply to Thread