+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logistic regression with both positive and negative values for independent variable?

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13

Thanks

Question Logistic regression with both positive and negative values for independent variable?

Hi guys,

I have a general regression question. Is there an issue with doing a logistic regression with both positive and negative values in the independent variables?

I am looking to do the regression on entrepreneurial behavior from first to last business. For example, did the entrepreneur do more promos in the first or the last business? I basically subtract the values. So if he did more promos, the number will be positive, if he did less promos, then it would be a negative number (for example 10 promos in the first business but only 7 in the last business, it would be -3).

The dependent variable is success, coded as 1 for success and 0 for failure.

I've already done the regression but then it occurred to me that negative values may not be allowed? Is it okay to do the logisitic regression if the independent variables are compromised of both positive and negative numbers?

Many thanks!

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Thanks

Re: Logistic regression with both positive and negative values for independent variab

Yes, absolutely. E.g. it is sometimes recommended ti standardise the IVs, that will naturally lead to negative and positive X values.

regards

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rogojel For This Useful Post:

thenewcat (05-27-2017)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13

Thanks

Re: Logistic regression with both positive and negative values for independent variab

Thank you so much! I already completed the regression + explanation, and then I started doubting myself. I'm relieved that the approach with both negative and positive values is acceptable!

+ Reply to Thread