+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Checking assumptions regression categorical predictors

Checking assumptions regression categorical predictors

Hi,

I am doing a regression analysis on review star rating of VR headsets as a dependent variable and 14 attribute dummies. Each dummy is an attribute such as price, resolution, comfort with 3-1 levels (positive mentioned in review, negative mentioned in review, not mentioned). I am now checking assumptions for the linear regression. I have read on this forum that the linearity can't possibly be violated but I can't get it to work for the assumptions homoscedasticity and normally distrubuted errors. I have read some other posts about doing some test but I havent succeed in applying them correctly in SPSS myself. Can anyone help me in checking these assumptions for my research?

Thanks!

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,147 Posts

Re: Checking assumptions regression categorical predictors

You never directly say this is going to be multiple linear regression, correct? How is this formatted, star rating of VR headsets as a dependent variable? Is it an integer of 1-5?
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79

Thanks

Re: Checking assumptions regression categorical predictors

Yet is is a multiple linear regression for a school assignment. The tutor said it was ok to use a linear regression rather than ordinal regression (which is beyond the scope of the class). The DV is indeed star rating (amazon reviews), ranging from 1 to 5

+ Reply to Thread