+ Reply to Thread

Thread: survey data collected based on simple random sampling, which mainly came from the eas

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16

Thanks

survey data collected based on simple random sampling, which mainly came from the eas

Dear Stata forum friends,

I just launched one survey in the US and collected 600+ individual responses. I distributed the online survey to US citizens via Qualtrics, an online survey platform. The distribution approach is simple random sampling. I visualized the geological locations of all survey participants and found the majority of responses came from the east part of the US. I guess this is due to the fact that population geological density in the east is higher than the middle and the west.

However, if future examiner or peer reviewer propose the question, such as "east coast bias", how should I answer ? Thank you so much for your attention and time.

Best regards,
    David
    Attached Images  

Human
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Thanks

Re: survey data collected based on simple random sampling, which mainly came from the

What is meant by "bias" (in statistics)?

Is the sample proportion of people from say, New England, different than the known population proportion (from New England)?

+ Reply to Thread