+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What podcasts do you enjoy or listen to?

Devorador de queso
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Awards:
    Posting AwardCommunity AwardDiscussion EnderFrequent PosterActivity Award
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 2,255 Posts

What podcasts do you enjoy or listen to?

A question was asked in the chatbox about what podcasts I listen to. My current group of podcasts that I follow is:
    1. Up First - It's a quick summary of the past 24 hours news in 10-15 minutes that comes out really early in the day
    2. NPR Politics
    3. Android Central - I'm a tech nerd and I do really like android so this give me that nerd fix once a week. The episodes can range from 1-2 hours so it's not exactly a quick listen typically but oh well.
    4. Hello From the Magic Tavern - Ever wonder what it would be like to fall through a dimensional portal behind a Burger King and end up in the magical land of Foon? Well if you have then boy do I have the podcast for you... Honestly though this one is hilarious. Episodes tend to be about 45 minutes and come out once a week. When I'm looking for laughs this is a good place to start.
    5. Ear Hustle - A podcast about prison life. You know - cause I'm so gangsta.
    6. Levar Burton Reads - This is fairly new and it's just Levar Burton reading some of his favorite short stories. What's not to like (well other than episode 2 which was boooooooring but I've liked the rest).
    7. Stuff You Should Know - I really don't listen to this one too often but when a topic comes up that sounds interesting I'll give it a shot.
    8. Song Exploder - Typically about 20 minutes long these are basically artists walking through their process of creating a song. At the end you get to hear the finished product. Most of the artists I've never heard of so I don't really have any expectations coming in on those episodes but it's really interesting when you get an episode that you know the artist and song already.
    9. Presidential - I'm still working through this one... There is an episode devoted to each US President. Did you know there's a reason you probably don't know much about Millard Fillmore? The reason was that nothing really happened other than him having a silly name. Don't you long for those days?
    10. This American Life - I don't listen to every episode but it's really well done.
    11. Various others that I don't expect will have more episodes or update so infrequently I don't really count them: Apple Keynotes, Hi My Name Is Mark, S-Town, and there are a few others that I forget...
    I don't have emotions and sometimes that makes me very sad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dason For This Useful Post:

hlsmith (08-16-2017)

TS Contributor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Thanks

Re: What podcasts do you enjoy or listen to?

At the risk of inviting controversy... I really like Sam Harris' podcast. Particularly when he gets more sciency and not so political, but I can take those as well (in limited amounts).
    for all your psychometric needs! https://psychometroscar.wordpress.com/about/

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,153 Posts

I will update my list later today when I have my mp3 player in front of me, but here are some:

-Science Friday: I don't miss an episode
    -Scientific American: Some times listen to it
    -TWiML: Lister to most of the episodes
    -Not so standardly deviated: its good but a little vapid at times
    -Partially Derivative: So episodes, like the one about the MIT guy that commit suicide was good
    -Economic (sp?)
    -Kill all raptors and bots: most episodes about tactical training.
    -and a couple hit and miss Data Science ones

Then my wife listens to lots and lots, many legal or true crime, so we have some middle ground ones we may listen to in the car, S-Town, What happened to Richard simmons, stuff you should know, Malcolm Gladwell's, misc. I also stream a lot of YouTube videos.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29

Thanks

I like to listen to Bill Burr's podcast occasionally. I believe it's called Monday Morning Podcast or something like that. Burr is one of my favorite comedians, hilarious guy.

+ Reply to Thread