Hello,

I'd really appreciate if someone can help me with a particular problem, concerning the approach I should take in statistically analysing the results of questionnaire data concerning intensity of use of social media, on the one hand, and social relationships on the other.

The questionnaire asked 20 individuals 10 questions on how intensely they use a social media platform (on a scale of 1-5, 5 being most intense) and another set of 10 questions on the quality of the connectivity of their social relationship on this platform (again, on a 1-5 scale, 5 being most connected).

I want to examine the relationship between intensity of use and connectivity, in terms of correlation etc and any statistical significance. I need, for example, to scatter graph intensity and connectivity.

My question is probably very basic, but here goes: in terms of getting a single variable for an individual respondent's intensity, on the one hand, and connectivity, on the other, should I simply add up each score they gave for insensitivity (and, secondly, for connectivity) and do likewise for connectivity, and then see if there is a correlation between the two scores across all individuals; or should I calculate the mean score each individual over the intensity questions and, do likewise, for connectivity and then see about correlation?

Would really appreciate someones help with this!

Many thanks.

Slighylbonkers