+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can SPSS recognize a dataset from another package as imputed

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28

Thanks

How can SPSS recognize a dataset from another package as imputed

I have imputed my data, which is multilevel, on Mplus and combined all the iterations to form a dataset and transferred to SPSS.
    but I am not sure how to make SPSS recognize this dataset as imputed with multiple iterations.
    I have tried splitting the file, but the problem is I cant get a pooled analysis of the results from all imputations this way.
    anyone got an idea how I can beat this one?

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 1,152 Posts

Re: How can SPSS recognize a dataset from another package as imputed

I haven't used SPSS much, but traditionally what I have done is, say use multiple imputation (m=10), then marked each imputed set with a numeric value (e.g., 1-10). So all observations within an imputed set has the same variable value, example variable name Impute value = 1 if in the first set. Then when pulling or performing other functions, I just reference the variable "Impute" as a strata variable. Not sure why you are unable to do this in SPSS.
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28

Thanks

Re: How can SPSS recognize a dataset from another package as imputed

Quote Originally Posted by hlsmith View Post
    I haven't used SPSS much, but traditionally what I have done is, say use multiple imputation (m=10), then marked each imputed set with a numeric value (e.g., 1-10). So all observations within an imputed set has the same variable value, example variable name Impute value = 1 if in the first set. Then when pulling or performing other functions, I just reference the variable "Impute" as a strata variable. Not sure why you are unable to do this in SPSS.
    Hi hlsmith.
    Many thanks for your response. I have already computed a new variable on 'imputation' which I have used to mark each imputed set from 0 to 5 (m=5), with 0 for the original dataset with missingness. I referenced the variable 'imputation' as a strata variable and even split the merged dataset based on the 'imputation variable'.
    The persistent issue is that when I run an analysis, it produces output for each of the 6 sets (5ms and 1 original), but not a pool of the results from these 6 sets.

+ Reply to Thread