+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Test if statistically significant differences between the means of groups exist

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 46

Thanks

Test if statistically significant differences between the means of groups exist

Hello!
    Currently, I'm writing my thesis and have some problems. I did a survey with a choice experiment and several statements, like e.g. I enjoy cooking with my friends. Participants had to rate on a 5 point likert scale (totally agree or disagree). With the help of a factor analysis, I found 6 factors.
    Whereas, groups had been created based on the choices of particpants (latent class analysis). Now, I'd like to compare the groups based on the means of the factors. I thought of a ANOVA, but unfortunately, I don't fulfill the normal distribution criterion. Now, I wonder what kind of method I should use to compare the means of my factors?

I read something about friedman and kruskal, and chi-square-test but I really don't know which to use!

Please help me.

Omega Contributor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 1,155 Posts

Re: Test if statistically significant differences between the means of groups exist

Please provide an example of what your data will look like, in particular the outcome variable. Also, what is your sample size?
    Stop cowardice, ban guns!

+ Reply to Thread