A message to Quark

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hi Quark! @quark

We all love you. But to be honest ... you've essentially abandoned us. No judgement or anything but it kind of annoying since you're never around so we can't add new contributors, delete any accounts when users specifically request it, etc...

I remember you visiting the chat box once a few months ago and said you were going to do something but I don't think that ever actually happened. So I guess what I'm saying is...

Is there any way that after you hopefully eventually see this that you could either:

1) Show up more often. Like... at least once a month? or...
2) Give some sort of admin abilities to somebody else that is a frequent user of the site? I can understand why you might not want to do this but honestly we need an active admin so please at least consider it if you aren't open to the first option...

If any other contributors/members want to post their thoughts on this I would appreciate it.

Buckeye

Thank you for posting this. From personal experience, there has been a few times in my tenure here that I wanted to either delete my account, change an email, or delete a post entirely. I think the last two are "doable". However, if you forget the password to a burner email you're SOL. Maybe that's just bad password management on my part.

I have a feeling there are a lot of students that post and want to cover their tracks after asking for "homework help" online. Not that it's a bad idea to ask for help. Personally, I try not to leave too much of a digital footprint (nervous laughter).

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. From personal experience, there has been a few times in my tenure here that I wanted to either delete my account, change an email, or delete a post entirely. I think the last two are "doable". However, if you forget the password to a burner email you're SOL. Maybe that's just bad password management on my part.

I have a feeling there are a lot of students that post and want to cover their tracks after asking for "homework help" online. Not that it's a bad idea to ask for help. Personally, I try not to leave too much of a digital footprint (nervous laughter).
How do you delete a post? I couldn't find any way to either edit my post (except for the title) or to delete a post.

Buckeye

How do you delete a post? I couldn't find any way to either edit my post (except for the title) or to delete a post.
I might have mistaken the 'edit post' for the ability to delete the whole thing. But, I think you can edit the contents of a message and then delete all the text maybe? Or there is a delete button next to the edit button.

Last edited:

vinux

Dark Knight
@quark
The forum has looked the same for the last 5-6 years, and not much changes with the scale of activities. Long back, we discussed Ayn Rand's 'Atlas shrugged'. It is time to ask, "Who is John Galt?" (Who is Quark?)

I would like to see new development in this forum. TSforum was very close to my life at one point in time. I used to spend at least two-three hours most of the days. The forum and the main members are still special to me.
I am looking forward to new changes in the forum.

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Well, I remember asking for a Bayes, Python, and Machine Learning thread to be added. They were added then disappeared. I thought these may help spark some more traffic.