Adjusted principal component analysis


I was wondering if it is possible to perform an age adjusted principal component analysis just like it is done for linear regression (finding out the principal components accounting for age), and whether this was possible in R.

Thank you,


Ninja say what!?!
It might just be me, but your question doesn't make sense. PCA is usually used because you want to cut down on the number of variables you have (i.e. its a clustering method). How would you cluster controlling for age?
Yes, that is exactly what I tough: that you could use the residuals of the variables of interest after correcting for other associated but uninteresting covariates, is this not possible?