Another new member

Hello everyone,

My name is Sebastian and I'm a statistics major at one of the largest universities in Sweden. When I started at the university 2.5 years ago my plan was to be a political scientist, but when I studied economics I enjoyed it much more because I felt there was some sort of right and wrong and you could actually calculate things, whereas political science is just opinions. After that, I also studied statistics and got the same feeling again so I switched a second time. And here I am, going in to the last semester of my bachelor's degree, which in Sweden (usually) means spending 10 weeks on writing a thesis. If I survive that and everything goes according to plan I'm starting my master in the fall.

I must say this looks like a lively and very interesting place. I have plenty of questions, so one of these days I'll just start firing away!

bukharin

RoboStataRaptor
Welcome Sebastian! What's your thesis on?

Please feel free not just to ask, but also to answer questions. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Welcome Sebastian! What's your thesis on?

Please feel free not just to ask, but also to answer questions. Looking forward to seeing your posts.
I don't know yet. I found this interesting blog post on a logit model predicting the odds for Obama being re-elected and I might do something similar to that, but I am still not sure.

I definitely will when I feel I have something to contribute. Plenty of threads I've browsed through so far seem to be above my current level, but every now and then I will hopefully be able to help others.