Anyone up for a run?

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
It just occurred to me that we should have a discussion: what technology is out there to improve our training? I remember someone saying they used an iphone app to track their mileage. Does anyone have any recommendation on good secure android apps? I'd love to put my phone to use on this, and I have a track nearby to test it out on.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
I almost feel embarassed to post a mile after interestednew just put out nearly 12 miles.

Thanks bryangoodrich. I doubt I'll catch up. I'm doing a program called Insanity and am just now able to add a brief run afterward. As I build up maybe I can contribute more. Anyway today was Pure Cardio in Insanity so I only squeaked out a mile afterward, but data is data.

65.4 miles +1 = 66.4 (106.86 km)
PT: 1.5+1 = 2.5 miles

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Don't worry trinker, you do as much as you can. I've done my 1 mile contributions, too. It's the small victories that accumulate over time. I also think interestednew posts his weekly total, since he posts his update just about every week! I'd also like to hear more about Insanity. It sounds vaguely familiar.

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
yes bryangoodrich has good intuition. over the course of 3 nonconsecutive days i did 2.9, 5.8, and 2.9.
That's some good running you have there! I was doing 3-6 mile runs 4-5 days a week around the end of last year, beginning of this year. It is upsetting that I suffered a knee problem that has me at the level I'm at now. However, it is not disheartening! I'm improving quickly and running regularly.

66.4 + 1.5 = 67.9 miles (109.27 km)
PT: 16.5

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Good job everybody. We should hit the 100 mile mark anytime now.

Wish I could keep contributing but I'll probably be out for a while. I hurt my ankle over the Forth of July weekend and it still not feeling so good.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Nothing quite that exciting. Although the next time I have a couple of drinks I think I will play some hopscotch now that you put that idea in my head...

I hate running, jogging, leisurely strolling, etc., but if you want to expand it beyond foot travel you could easily tack on an extra 20+ miles a week to this count with how much I kayak.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I don't think that would be very much in the spirit of this thread. We could easily tack on huge numbers if we allowed things other than foot travel. Just imagine how fast this could grow if we allowed bike riding.