Appropriate statistical test for HR's comparison between 2 population

In case of 2 population, the first has HR X for the study's outcome (between the exposed and non-exposed groups), and the second has HR of Y (between the exposed and non-exposed groups), which tests should be done in order to compare between these HR's?


TS Contributor
assumung HR is a continuous measurement your choices would be: z-test if the stddev of the measures is known, t-test if the sdtdev is derived from the sample and some non-parametric test if your HR values are wildly non-normally distributed. We would need some more info to be able to give a more specific answer.