Arch Challenge

TheEcologist

Global Moderator

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
What do you define as "setup". Have the base system installed along with a preferred DE? Have the system pretty much like how you want it to be? Just curious...

bugman

Super Moderator
I downloaded the iso last night funnily enough.

No, not confident at all, but I'll give it a shot.

I'll begin mine on Friday.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
I downloaded the iso last night funnily enough.

No, not confident at all, but I'll give it a shot.

I'll begin mine on Friday.
Hopefully I can help you then. My countdown timer is running (the above) l still have 13 hours at this point... downloading the iso now!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I haven't gone through the process with the new arch installer but it always took me a little while to get Internet setup the first time. It would be easier if I had an Ethernet connection but at home we just have wpa2.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Yeah, I figured I might need one so I have a cable ready here.. only problem is that I need to finish some work and send it to my supervisors first... still confident I'm make my deadline though :)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
With that said it was never too bad if you have another computer available because the arch wiki is just fantastic.

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Well I finally did it.. only 30 minutes behind schedule!

System is running incredibly fast, and is very mimimal but functional :)

Good luck Bugman! Tip -> get livecd of Gparted before you start!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Yes - gparted is A LOT easier to use than the tools Arch comes with. Do the partitioning beforehand if at all possible. The old installer was much better in this respect but it was also held your hand more so I guess they decided to get rid of that...