Basic Stat

Help. I got stuck in my stat reviewer, kindly help me.
(Google can not help me as i do not understand its discussion)

1. A vaccine that is currently used to immunize people against a certain infection has an 80% success rate.That is, 80% of individuals who receive this vaccine will develop immunity against the infection.A manufacturer of the new vaccine claims that its vaccine has a higher success rate.

a. define the parameter of interest

b. suppose in a clinical trial 200 people received the new vaccine. Of these, 172 became immune to the infection. Based on this, can we say that the new vaccine is indeed more effective than the current one? Test at 5% significance level and state your conclusion in the current problem.

c. In making the above conclusion, which type of errorare you risking, type I or type II?

d.What are the assumptions that must be satisfied to validate the above conclusions? Evaluate whether or not these assumptions are satisfied in this problem.

2. A tire manufacturer claims that its tire will last no less than an average of 50,000 km before thay need to be replaced. A consumer group wishes to challenge this claim.

a. clearly define the parameter of interest in this problem

b. state Ho and Ha in this parameter.

c. in the context of the problem, state what it means to make a type I and type II error.

d. suppose we set the significance level of the test at 10%, what does this number mean?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hi! :welcome: We are glad that you posted here! This looks like a homework question though. Our homework help policy can be found here. We mainly just want to see what you have tried so far and that you have put some effort into the problem. I would also suggest checking out this thread for some guidelines on smart posting behavior that can help you get answers that are better much more quickly.