Best Calculator?

Mozz

New to Statistics and new to the forum.

I am finishing an Into to Stats class and will be taking another one next year.

At this time I'm looking to find out which is the best calculator to use for a person who will have to take stats beyond intro classes. I have been using a TI 84 app on my phone and I would like to buy a full calculator and want to make sure I get the best one for my needs.

Also, is there a streamlined way of adding data to a calculator? Many questions require 30 pieces of data or more. For instance, can I enter through my keyboard, a speech to text (numbers) add or something else. I am working on entering the data faster, but I am looking through all options.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Most likely you won't have to do much 'by hand' in your further courses. The calculator you have really shouldn't matter since most of what you'll do will be on computer software (most likely). The best person(s) to ask would be the instructors for the other courses you're going to take.

DV Man

New to Statistics and new to the forum.

I am finishing an Into to Stats class and will be taking another one next year.

At this time I'm looking to find out which is the best calculator to use for a person who will have to take stats beyond intro classes. I have been using a TI 84 app on my phone and I would like to buy a full calculator and want to make sure I get the best one for my needs.

Also, is there a streamlined way of adding data to a calculator? Many questions require 30 pieces of data or more. For instance, can I enter through my keyboard, a speech to text (numbers) add or something else. I am working on entering the data faster, but I am looking through all options.

Thanks in advance for your help
Yeah, word on Dason's sentiment. I've never heard of hand-held calculators that can load data (that sounds like some sh/it out of Minority Report), but that sounds convoluted. I would also email your future professor, or the head of the department, and ask what is needed for your class. Likely, it will be computer software, as Intro to Statistics is mainly hand-held computations (we only used Minitab and Excel), while more advanced and succinct classes require software (probably R for beginners, but it could be something else).