Between and within group differences

I am doing a research project on antisocial youth behavior and SES inequality. I am supposed to run two level logistic regression in STATA. There is an advise in conducting this analysis:
"Distinguish between school vs within school differences in bullying, and then perform new descriptive analyses: in which you examine between school differences, ordering each school by its neighborhood SES and inequality, then see how much aggregate bullying differs between schools", could anyone explain what is necessary in this case?
As I understand, it follows a step by step recommendations, doesn't it?

It's been a while since I really looked at between and within groups differences, but if I am not mistaken you would examine the bullying rates in each school and then use ANOVA to compare the groups and see the differences. A regular ANOVA would be used for within I think.

It's been a while since I really looked at between and within groups differences, but if I am not mistaken you would examine the bullying rates in each school and then use ANOVA to compare the groups and see the differences. A regular ANOVA would be used for within I think.
yes.. you are right