can you solve this problem? probability question, please help

zulu

in lottery, there are 20 balls, only 8 comes out. what are the chances that one ball didn t go out for 19 times in a row? please help

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
well, you could told me solution right away :) thank you
If that's your attitude you gotta pay.

Also keep in mind that is the probability *if* you specified a certain number that you didn't want to show up at all. It's a slightly different calculation if all you want is the probability that after 19 draws there exists at least one number that wasn't picked.

So I guess if I want to calculate on the same lottery(8/20) that the same ball will appear 11 times in a row i will 0.4^11 =0.00004194304 which means 4 times in 100 000 draws? am I right?

If that's your attitude you gotta pay.

Also keep in mind that is the probability *if* you specified a certain number that you didn't want to show up at all. It's a slightly different calculation if all you want is the probability that after 19 draws there exists at least one number that wasn't picked.
so it wont be the same result like certain number? what is than calculation for at least one number that wasnt picked 19 times in a row? it s definetly lower number than 6 times in 100 000