Change in scores from pre to post

Asa

Hi'

I have change in scores from pre to post and I did correlation between two measure. is that the right way to use pre to post change? I had no idea what to do with the pre to post score so I did correlation. also did correlation between pre to post change and another pre measure pre score?

Also, how do I explain the correlation, I found a positive correlation between the change (pre-post) of both measure?

Thanks a lot

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I have change in scores from pre to post and I did correlation between two measure. is that the right way to use pre to post change?
It depends on what you understand by "change" here. The correlation tells you whether the order of the units within the sample stays the same or not.

For example, if Jones - Smith - Miller have pre-scores of 10 - 20 - 30 and post scores 1000 - 2000 - 3000, this would mean a huge change in terms of measured values, but correlation would be r=1.0 . The same r=1.0 correlation would be the case if they changed from 10 - 20 - 30 to 11 - 21 - 31.

I had no idea what to do
What is the topic of your study, what are your researh questions, how large is your sample size, which variables were included, and how were these variables measured?

With kind regards

Karabiner