Come Take a Walk With Me

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Nope, but I think it is nerve damage--compressed nerve or something. I got over the nerve part okay. My ankle has been swollen and hurting the past couple of days from rolling my ankle all week from keeping weight off my foot! My knees are starting to take a beating for it, too, unfortunately.

Nope, but I think it is nerve damage--compressed nerve or something. I got over the nerve part okay. My ankle has been swollen and hurting the past couple of days from rolling my ankle all week from keeping weight off my foot! My knees are starting to take a beating for it, too, unfortunately.
Man, really sorry to hear that. That's brutal. Nerve damage causes fluid retention and swelling? Would've thought that would be ligament, muscle, or tendons....had no idea nerve damage did that. That really sucks!! Maybe you can switch up to swimming so there is no impact....as long as your shoulders are good. Knee's are usually the arch nemesis of a runner long term.

Ever try barefoot running? Maybe that'd help...

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
135.5 + 1 = 136.5
PT: 18 + 1 = 19

So that 1 mile is for my soccer game. I ran much further than a mile but everybody here is a baby about me counting soccer running as running. Nobody here better say that I didn't run at least a mile or else I'll [tex]\sout{destroy\ you\ with\ my\ mighty\ robot\ strength}[/tex] kindly tell you that you're wrong.

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
I'm still not adding any miles. My foot has improved a lot in the past 2 days, though. I'll go to the gym tomorrow. Biking for sure. Maybe a stairmill. Will try and make the weight lifting count. Gonna change the focus of my routine to doing some heavy intense stuff in bursts ("boot camp"). Want to spend the next 2 to 3 months focused on weight loss. It would be great to get myself around 220 before I focus on a solid running routine. Don't know if I'll be able to keep on my training schedule, but during this time I'll also focus on getting a basic running routine down. I need to take it slow, let my body adapt, don't do too heavy of loads, and give myself time to recover. Will start doing more of that running outdoors, though. Gonna try and put my phone GPS (with Google MyTracks) to use.

Jake

Cookie Scientist
Here's two runs. I've been way behind in running but now that classes are over I think I can get back into it.

182 + 5 + 5 = 192

PT: 3 + 5 + 5 = 13