Come Take a Walk With Me

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Best 5 minute elliptical warm up yet: averaged 185 spm cadence. Then was going to do a half mile at 6.5 mph. Felt strong, so I did 7.5 mph. Felt like I could keep going, but I didn't want to overdo it. So I biked probably my hardest 5 minutes, also. Thighs were burning and I was soaked in sweat. Still felt strong, so I went back and did another half at 7.5 mph. Well, I did 4 min each time and 6-6.5 mph for the last minute. That's my fastest mile (8 min) since my recovery and probably all year! I still feel like I could do more! This is also my 4th day in a row working out and running. I've gone 6 of the last 7 days. 8 of the last 10. And I've done 9 days this month (9 of 14). Not bad! I will do my HIIT routine this week tomorrow with a shoulder and ab emphasis. I think my legs need a break and the last 2 days were killer chest and back workouts. I also haven't eaten as much lately and I've finally dropped a couple of lbs (literally, 2). At least one thing is going well in my life this summer.

472.5 + 1.0 = 473.5 miles

PT: 45 miles

Hey, way to go on the long run!

Thanks halfnormal, but unfortunately that was three separate 3 mile runs. I'm working my way up to longer distances again. My dr. said not to do any anaerobic training so it's taking forever to get my pace down.

Dason congrats on getting through the prelims. Sounds like a brutal few months.

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Lost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks as I've ramped up my frequency (gone 10 out of 13 last days) and eating a lot less. Today I didn't eat since 1am since I didn't eat anything when I got home and took a nap to waking up and going to the gym before I eat dinner. Not wise! I was weak and only did 2 miles when I wanted to do 3. Still, eating a lot better now. My new job has an amazing cafeteria and they serve healthy meals for under $7. I also try not to indulge too much at night.

523.75 + 2 = 525.75 miles

PT: 48 miles

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Haven't been around to update, but here's what I've done this week that wasn't recorded here. The ironic part was that the last 2.0 day above was supposed to be my long day, yet I was ready to die after the first mile, toughed out the next half, and had to come back to finish the final half. I recovered with the 1.5 mile the day after, but then went in to do an easy recovery 1 mile and ended up doing 3 miles! I did 2 straight through. I felt great, but wanted to have a solid chest workout. So I did! Then I went back and ran another mile. It was tougher because I hadn't eaten in awhile and it was the end of my workout. Still, it felt good to accomplish something.

536.25 + 1.5 + 3 + 1 + 1.5 = 543.25 miles

PT: 55 miles

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
I'm at over 22 miles this month. The 10 last month was the most in several months now. My foot is starting to hurt, though, mainly from overuse, no doubt. I should try to be more conscious of my form and maybe slow down a bit. It wouldn't hurt to start doing more biking and stairs again, as I've exclusively moved to running for my cardio the past few weeks.