Comparing data from single samples

drb

I measured mutations after drug treatment in two different lines (genotype A and B) at 3 different timepoints (1,2,3). Is there a test to see whether A1 is different from A2, A2 is different from A3, and A1 is different from A3? I also want to compare A1 to B1, A2 to B2 and A3 to B3. I do not know what the sampling error is at any time point.

time A B

1 186 256

2 259 313

3 295 325

(I know this is not likely very meaningful but a reviewer is demanding a statistical analysis on this data).

Hi, do you measure different individuals forach each Geontype? That would mean that your tabular represents mean values? Without any grasp of the variance of each measurement I think you can hardly make any statistics....

drb

Hi, do you measure different individuals forach each Geontype? That would mean that your tabular represents mean values?
It is a pool of 10 individuals, but they are not individually bar-coded, so the value is a hypothetical mean (total mutations/10 individuals) but not a measured one. (Hypothetical in that it assumes equal representation of each individual in the pool).

Without any grasp of the variance of each measurement I think you can hardly make any statistics....
I agree, which is why I did not provide them in the first place. The only way to assess variance would be to do multiple replicates for each genotype and time point, and at $1000/measurement that ain't gonna happen.