Comparing two different variables

Hi everyone

I was wondering how to compare the difference between two variables measured within one group.
For instance, all subjects were asked how much they like oranges and then, how much they like apples.
Now, I want to know what fruit they like more.

It seems intuitive to use a paired t-test. However, we are not actually measuring the same variable here.
I thought about using some kind of multivariate test, but am not sure what or how to conduct it.

Can anyone help?


TS Contributor
You measured the same variable twice, which is "response to a stimulus".
If response was measured on an interval scaled, paired t-test would be useful.

With kind regards