confused by significance codes in R

Hello, I am estimating logistic regression models using R. The significance codes used by R is Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1
In my empiricl results, most p-values are 000***, suggesting that most independent variables are significant at 0.000 level.
However, 0.000 is not exactly zero but very very close to zero. shall i say that most independent variables are significant at the 0.01 level (for me, it is a tradition to use the significance level of 0.01, 0.05 and 0.1)
what do you think? Many thanks!
regards
Tim

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Yeah, I was just saying if you use a level of significant for p-value cut-off for significance you should also use it for confidence intervals. Some reviewers will request your p-values instead of just saying these were < 0.01.
My field some times uses the actual pvalues and just presents them with scientific notation. You, may have to figure out how to get those from R. So for example, 3.24x10-9. If you are just reporting the pvalues as presented by R, you are probably fine using 95% CI in OR, unless you have reasons to change it. I would just turn 0.000 into < 0.001.