Country comparison over time with growth rates

Hello there! I am struggling at the analysis part of my thesis. I want to compare countries according to their growth rates over time. So in other words, do they increase or decrease over time more than the others or less… I saw that time series panel data regression with dummy coding for the countries would maybe be one option to go. But I am not too sure. Any opinions?

Any help is very welcome :)

obh

So why don't you compare only the growth rates over time.?
Do you have other IVs that influence the growth rate, and that you want to neutralize? (how many countries?)

You've got countries and growth over some number of years. You're in the DESCRIPTION end of the situation. Make a table of country, something like GDP or GDP per year, and years. Get the table in shape that it's understandable.
Then, if that's what you're looking for, go to the WHY end. GDP varies as them IV's vary, GDP varies as income and foreign investment and techniques and births in previous years and education and as many other exogenous variables as you have the desire to incorporate.
Then write the set of simultaneous equations and vary those EV's.

Hmmm but I dont think it works like that, because I want to see if the IV, its like an index number for one country is an appropriate measure for how the growth rates change over time and then compare several countries by doing the same...

"I want to compare countries according to their growth rates over time. So in other words, do they increase or decrease over time more than the others or less…"
If that's what you want to do, then rank countries by growth = GDP/year; or growth rate = Y2/Y1 or several/many others.

"I want to see if the IV, its like an index number for one country is an appropriate measure for how the growth rates change over time and then compare several countries by doing the same..."
If this is what you want to do, I only know how in the Economics world, where a set of simultaneous equations = a model of the economy holds the answers to some questions.

GDP increases as electricity production increases, for a very developed country, not so much; for a sorta developed country, a lot; for an undeveloped country, close to none.

Like R

Ok well, so my research is basically trying to answer the question "to what extent does the national culture influence the performance of a company in crisis situations". I am using the 2008 Corona Crisis and use the growth rates per month (as there are only three years otherwise) and wanted to do something like a regression or something that can figure out if the ups and downs of the growth rates are correct in relation to Hofstede's uncertainty index. He provided one number for each country. So my problem is that I believe for a panel data regression, I don't think I can compare a the growth rate changes in the timeframe in comparison to this one number… Do you know what I mean now?
By the way, thank you so much for trying to help me! I really appreciate it :)