Data input- ordered logistic regression

Hello,
I am trying to analyze the relationship between mode familiarity and Technology & demographic characteristics. So I have an ordinal dependent variable and binary, ordinal, continuous and nominal variable as independent variables.

My output variable is the familiarity of mode: very familiar, somewhat familiar, unfamiliar and never heard of service. I have coded them as 1-4 for each level with 1 representing very familiar.
My input variables are
a) Ownership of smartphone/licensed driver/ownership of vehicle/gender- binary response( coded as 0 for no & 1 for yes)
b) Use of smartphone for / reason for using the particular mode- more than one answers-
I have categorized each level as separate binary variable for each type of response
c) Use of smartphone the most- nominal variable each coded 1- 5
d) Use of app on smartphone -I have categorized each level as separate binary variable for each type of response
e) Use of mobile wallet- binary response( coded as 0 for no & 1 for yes)
f) Comfortability with using mobile wallet- ordinal variable with 1 representing very comfortable to 4 being very uncomfortable
g) Age/no of people in household- continuous variable
h) Race/occupation- nominal variable
i) employment -more than one answers-
I have categorized each level as separate binary variable for each type of response
j) income- ordinal variable

I tried to do Pearson chi square analysis to test for significance of each independent variable however I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Also, I am not sure if I want to add all the variables together in the model.How can the variables be selected?