Designing a Questionnaire to measure a few constructs of interest

IzzyUA

Hi guys! I'm in a beginning level stats class and am having some trouble with an assignment, help is much appreciated. I don't want the assignment done for me, just need ideas on how to start and what to test!

I need to create summated questions that are end-anchored Likert rating scales. And with this I have to write a formal statement of my specific objectives and the constructs I want to measure. Simple is ideal being I'm new to this LOL

Thanks again

IzzyUA

This is what I have look ok?

Objective: This study will measure likeliness of an individual being happy or unhappy in their current workplace. We will examine if age and gender are related with contentment in the work place.

What is your age _____?
What is your gender?
� Male
� Female
I am happy with my position at work
Agree 1----2----3----4----5 Disagree

I feel respected in my work place

I enjoy going to work

CB

Super Moderator
Hi there :welcome:

It might help us if you provided some specific questions about particular issues you're struggling with? It's always a little hard to deal with "am I doing this right?" questions, because whether a particular approach is good enough really depends on how much your instructor is expecting of you (and you know more about that than us!)

IzzyUA

Hi there :welcome:

It might help us if you provided some specific questions about particular issues you're struggling with? It's always a little hard to deal with "am I doing this right?" questions, because whether a particular approach is good enough really depends on how much your instructor is expecting of you (and you know more about that than us!)

Does the questionnaire explicitly reflect my objective? Is there any problems with the questions? Things like that