diet treatment model

Hi all
I have an experiment for growth with fishes and diet treatment´s in
differents tanks... I have differents diets (8) in 24 tanks, each diet in
triplicated, i want determinated the tanks and diet effects. I had use
genstat and spss for calculate them, but i have some comfussion how calculate
diet effect resting tank effect because i can not use tank as block for diet
treatment, i think that maybe diet.tank interaction???
I had calculate effect treatment: tank and diet, separatedly and have significants differences, but when put both effects join i don have signifficant differences in diet...
someone could me help please?
Regards

ok sorry, my english is not good...
I have to evaluate 8 differents diets replicated in 3 tanks each one (total= 24 tanks), i want determinated the significance of tanks and diet effects (as fixed effects), i want to know if i can subtract the tank effect to the treatment diet in a anova analysis,
i have tried with tanks nested in diet treatments, but i d like know if exist one way to substract the tank effect to diet treatament...
I had run the anova analysis with tank and diet, separatedly and have significants differences, but when run one anova with both effects in just one anova i dont found signifficant differences in diet treatments...

Hi Dason,
I did read that thank effect could give "noise" in some statistical-genetic analysis...variability of the model could be affected by tanks.
Anyway diets treatments and performance of fishes could be affected by tanks this is a fact, therefore diet treatments analysis is affected by tanks...i should use a nested or interaction analysis?
Thanks

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Yes it could be affected by tanks. But there isn't enough data to estimate the tank effect. It just gets confounded with the random noise term in the anova.

ok, thank, in other way, is normal that when i calculate effect treatment: tank and diet like fixed effect, in separated anova, resulting that both effects have significants differences, but when run one anova analysis with both effects fixed in the same analysis i did not found signifficant differences in diet, its normal??..

Last edited: