Don't know what type of test to use

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what type of statistical test to use for my quantitative data.
I am not that good with statistics and because of that I need help.

I have to demonstrate that there is (or no) a significant differences between adherence of bacteria alone (control) vs bacteria with probiotics (prob 1 or prob2).

I have attached a picture with the data.
forum.png

Many Thanks!

Karabiner

TS Contributor
What did the research design look like - how was the experiment carried out, how were the data collected? What exactely do you mean by adherence, how is adherence represented in the data? In your table, do bacteria1/2/3 indicate different time points? What do the figures in the table represent, are they mean values? Are there no sample sizes (n) and no standard deviations?

With kind regards

Karabiner

What did the research design look like - how was the experiment carried out, how were the data collected? What exactely do you mean by adherence, how is adherence represented in the data? In your table, do bacteria1/2/3 indicate different time points? What do the figures in the table represent, are they mean values? Are there no sample sizes (n) and no standard deviations?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Hello,

The experiment was performed in duplicates. The aim of the experiment was to see if the two probiotics (prob1 and prob2) can help the epithelial cells, because they are meant to decrease the adherence of bacteria 1/2/3. Following my lecturers advice I have sum up my experiments and made that table with just the means. When I went to present this data to someone else, they said is wrong and I have to re-arrange them. From then I have been trying to re-arrange data, but I just don't get anywhere.
Adherence is what percentage of bacteria attached to epithelial cells. It is represented as cfu/mL.
In the table I have the means of all my samples. (so on the control row I have the means of all the experiments for bacteria 1/2/3, and so on for the other rows).
Regarding standard deviation, I do have it but, also the standard deviation of each of these columns.

Thanks and hope this information is useful.
Any little advice would be really helpful. I only had three lectures of statistics that were not the best and this is why I am struggling.

Thanks,

Mimi

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I must admit that my understanding of such problems from
biology is limited at best. If you say that each cell in that table
contains the mean from a series of experiments, then how
many experiments were there?

With kind regards

Karabiner