Easy question - help asap please?

I have a sample of 23 white women and 25 African American women. In this sample, ten white women smoke, (13 do not) and 3 black women smoke (22 do not). To put this into a statistic, can I do a 2x2 contingency table with smoking as the disease. This would mean that white women in my sample are 5.6 times more likely to smoke (like an odds-ratio calculation) or should I do a simple proportion (10:3, or 3.33 times more likely)? I appreciate the help ASAP please! Thanks!

Dragan

Super Moderator
I have a sample of 23 white women and 25 African American women. In this sample, ten white women smoke, (13 do not) and 3 black women smoke (22 do not). To put this into a statistic, can I do a 2x2 contingency table with smoking as the disease. This would mean that white women in my sample are 5.6 times more likely to smoke (like an odds-ratio calculation) or should I do a simple proportion (10:3, or 3.33 times more likely)? I appreciate the help ASAP please! Thanks!
If your need is ASAP!....Then why not just do a chi-square test of independence?

p=0.014.