Free online stat lessons!

Link

Ninja say what!?!
This guy's the most amazing philanthropist I've come across since I can remember! To summarize, he was a hedge fund manager in wall street and decided to go back to school at Harvard (I think for his MBA). While there, he started a non-profit organization geared towards providing top quality education to anyone around the world for free. He's currently amounted approx 1600 videos of online lessons.

Statistics Lessons

Let me know what you think.

WeeG

TS Contributor
the idea is brilliant, free videos like that is sometimes exactly what you need. but are there any videos with more advances statistics ?

Link

Ninja say what!?!
Unfortunately, I think not. The guy seems to be concentrating on more broad and general subjects. Maybe we can collaboratively start more advanced videos???

Link

Ninja say what!?!
Thinking about it, that might actually be a good idea for this site! Maybe have a section dedicated to having youtube videos that show more novice people the basics of stat analyses. I wonder if the moderators are reading this?

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
Thinking about it, that might actually be a good idea for this site! Maybe have a section dedicated to having youtube videos that show more novice people the basics of stat analyses. I wonder if the moderators are reading this?
They are. We use to have a text-section here on the website that explained some basic statistics authored by John-M (non-active Mod).

Quark remodeled the website and now I dont know what happened to it.

The thing to do is to make a video and see if people like it. We can certainly start a (locked) forum with video lessons!

Free University Video Lectures on Mathematical Statistics

the idea is brilliant, free videos like that is sometimes exactly what you need. but are there any videos with more advances statistics ?
The Mathematics Department of University of Colorado at Colorado Springs offers on-line video lectures that include two courses in Mathematical Statistics. The courses are available free if you provide your email address:

http://www.uccs.edu/~math/vidarchive.html

WeeG

TS Contributor
it will be amazing if there will be videos explaining some advanced statistics (well, more than the usual introduction).

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
What kind of topics would you like to see? I mean I know all my master's level methods classes were recorded and are online. You don't need to sign up. They're not publicly announced but I have all the links.

WeeG

TS Contributor
master level methods sound interesting, I wouldn't mind watching videos on: Mathematical Statistics (parameter estimators, asymptotic properties of estimators,....), Bayesian Statistics, Multivariate Statistics, Stochastic Processes,.....actually anything will be interesting....

Hey, hopefully you don't have any problems with me registering here to post this, but I thought it might be related to what you're talking about.

http://statisticslectures.com/

YouTube Channel

Here's a website and videos a few friends have been putting together over the last month or so. It's very applied stuff and still a little bit more basic than what you guys have been talking about (multivariate analysis, graduate level statistics, etc) but it's a growing collection and might be good to keep an eye on for the future. Hope that helps!

I would to see videos on more advanced topics. I'm currently an undergrad student doing stats and have trouble sometimes with the harder underlying theory. Right now I'm having trouble with Bayesian inference. Although my professor has helped out a lot with understanding it.

What kind of topics would you like to see? I mean I know all my master's level methods classes were recorded and are online. You don't need to sign up. They're not publicly announced but I have all the links.
Could you give a link? I would love to have a look!

I second that Dason...can you provide links? Any master's topics in Stats/Math (analysis/measure theory/probability) are of interest to me.

On an off-topic note how do you like Aimes?