[gretl/PSPP] How to studentize data?

PRi

I'm planning to use linear regression to solve a problem at work, but preliminary testing shows that the variables should be studentized/normalized because the coefficients will be a bit large, so to say but I cannot find any command from gretl that studentizes the data. Also PSPP seems to have the same problem...

Do I have a blind spot or should I try other program than those two mentioned above or should I just use the coefficients that the programs give? Or is there a trick to do the job?

trinker

ggplot2orBust
This does not answer you main question, Dason is working you though that but...

PRi said:
Do I have a blind spot or should I try other program than those two mentioned above or should I just use the coefficients that the programs give?
It sounds like you want open source. I myself gave PSPP a whirl but found it was lacking as it it not yet well developed (missing many of the niceties of even SPSS). May I suggest the open source program R. It's free and very powerful (WIKI LINK ABOUT R)

PRi

What's wrong with large coefficients?
Nothing wrong, I'd just like to check if the resulting equation could be simplified :)

It sounds like you want open source. I myself gave PSPP a whirl but found it was lacking as it it not yet well developed (missing many of the niceties of even SPSS). May I suggest the open source program R. It's free and very powerful (WIKI LINK ABOUT R)
I don't want open source, but the budget I was given for buying a program made me laugh so I have to try open source first :D You should have seen the face of my boss when I said I need c. 700-1000 Eur for a decent program :D "Ok, how about Excel?" -- "Yeah, it might be fine, but someone else does the job" :D

Gretl would be - and propably is if I forget the stundentizing - ideal for me but nothing stops me from trying R also. I just have to find a decent UI for it because at the moment I have no time or will to study programming. Thank you :)