Help finding Chi Square Test P-Value

#1
You have been collecting data over the past 11 weeks on the number of burgers that you make each day. You typically sell around 100 burgers each week.

You want to run a simulation and you believe that 60% of your burger sales for a given week show up on the weekends (split evenly between Friday, Saturday and Sunday) while the remaining 40% are evenly divided across the four other weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). As an example under this distribution, you would expect to sell 10 burgers on any given Monday.

Your recorded data over the past 11 weeks is below. Use the average demand for each day (Monday to Sunday) to test your assumption about the daily distribution of burger sales.

The data is uploaded as an XLS File.

Looking forward to this forums help in helping me understand how to go about this problem.
 

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
#2
Hi! :welcome: We are glad that you posted here! This looks like a homework question though. Our homework help policy can be found here. We mainly just want to see what you have tried so far and that you have put some effort into the problem. I would also suggest checking out this thread for some guidelines on smart posting behavior that can help you get answers that are better much more quickly.
 
#3
Thank you for helping out dason I am going to upload my solution to the problem in my next comment so that the community can have a look at my method and evaluate where I am going wrong. Thanks once again!
 
#4
So in my excel solution I tried to solve the question with 2 different ways....One way was where I followed the guidelines suggested by the question where out of 100 sales per week, 40 were evenly distributed on weekdays while the remainder 60 were evenly distributed on weekend (3 days). Monday = 10, Tuesday = 10, Wednesday = 10, Thursday = 10, Friday = 20, Saturday = 20, Sunday = 20. This entire list was used as an expected value for the chi square test.

In my second method I took a sum of all the burgers and divided them by the total number of days to find out the average burgers made per day over a period of 77 days. The value i received from that is what i used as the expected value in the Chi Square Test.

I received 2 types of answers where one answer was below the significance level of 0.05 while the other answer was above the significance level of 0.05.

The problem now is that I am not sure if my method is correct or not.

Please help out.

Thanks once again.