Help on data correctness for ANOVA

Hello friends,

My aim is to study the nature of length of stay of vechicles in a parking lot. A day is split to 3 sessions namely Morning - 10am to 2pm, Afternoon - 2 pm to 6 pm, Evening 6pm to 10pm. Given the In time and Out time of a sample size of 9000 vechicles, I need to statistically prove whether there is a significant difference between the average length of stay between the 3 sessions of a day.

I tabulated the time (in minutes) each vechicle spends in the parking lot for each session of the day and my data looked like this below.

1595062134555.png

Now to perform one-way ANOVA, I have a confusion whether I have to consider the records without zeros (image marked 1) or with zeros (image marked 2). Kindly requesting

1595062250701.png

OR

1595062341932.png

katxt

How about classifying each vehicle as Morning, Afternoon or Evening and use the total time for each car. So the first car is Morning 214. Then a one way anova on the three groups. (No zeros.)

@katxt I initially did that. But it wasnt looking correct.
Say intime is at 1.30 pm and out time 8 pm.. if we use intime alone to categorize like you said, then the entire stay will be categorized as Morning - ‘10am-2pm’ bin.. right? But that is not the actual case here...

Last edited: