Help

Need help I’m lost on this one, it was suppose to be a group project but I cannot get them to respond. I have uploaded a file to go into more detail
The assignment is as follows:

A bank has decided to offer two incentive plans to credit card customers: A. cash back when the consumer makes an online purchase; and B. cash back when the consumer makes a purchase at a clothing store. The bank doesn't know whether consumers would shop online more than at clothing stores.

Information Experts has placed you in a group to develop null and alternative hypotheses to help the bank determine which option would provide the best incentive to consumers. Write a brief memo to the bank product development team describing your hypotheses and explaining how you arrived at them.

This is what I’m thinking so fare:

This is the case of performing hypothesis tests about the difference between two population means. There are two incentive plans to credit card customers:
(i) cash back for an online purchase
(ii) cash back at a clothing store.

The bank wishes to determine whether the mean number of customers who opt for option (i) is the same as that for option
(ii), and if not, which is higher.

This would help the bank formulate its policies to attract more customers and maximize its profits.

For the data set I usee the US Censes “Historical Retail Trade Data” to compute the percentage of E-Commerce Sales for the year (2003) based on the Total U.S. Retail Sales (2003), and the” Retail and Food Service Sales” and to Compute the percentage of Total Clothing Sales (Clothing and clothing access. stores + clothing stores + men’s clothing stores + women’s clothing stores) based on the Total U.S. Retail Sales.