How to type > in stata?

Hi, I'm a new Stata user and having a problem while typing in commands that are shown in my handbook for Stata.

In the textbook I read:

. estimates table model1 model2, stat(r2_a rmse)
> b(%7.3g) se(%6.3g) p(%4.3f)

How shall interpret > here? Is that something that I shall type as well? I dont know how to change row while writing a command and if I write the > just after the first commands I'm getting an error code. Or if I type the first row press enter to execute the command and then afterwards write the row starting with > I get another error message. Can someone help me out?

I'm writing on a Swedish keyboard that might differ slightly so, if possible, please explain more detailed than for example "press shift 5". Let me know what to look for on and I'm sure I'll find where its located on my keyboard.

Me and my thesis are very thankful for any advice on this matter!
Kristoffer

I might have solved it myself. Is it that simple that in the book the author had to change row and the > means that I shall just keep on writing my command? The commands works fine if I just keep on writing. But I almost hope that I'm wrong because I would feel quite stupid if the solution was so simple...

But to be sure, can anyone confirm that I my interpretation is correct?

> command

Is it that simple that in the book the author had to change row and the > means that I shall just keep on writing my command?

Yes, pretty sure you jsut keep typing!

in any case if you want to write a unique command on more than one line you just do the following

estimates table model1 model2, stat(r2_a rmse) /*
*/ b(%7.3g) se(%6.3g) p(%4.3f)

it will work just fine.

I am not fimiliar with STATA but the '>' sign - as a rule - generally means 'new line has been taken, continuing the line above' as opposed to a new line finishing the one above.

I hope that clears things up