I Need Help with Scale of Measurement

I tend to over-think things, and there are multiple items within each part of an assignment I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yup:

Although I looked at a couple of websites, I am still confused about the "Alternate Uses Test." I need to identify it as a nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio measure.
http://www.mindgarden.com/products/altu.htm

Also, would the Borderline Scale of the Personality Assessment Inventory be considered ordinal?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
I thought that was the test we all took about 9 months ago. The one where we all got the exact same classifications, super cool with latent nerdiness.

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
I thought that was the test we all took about 9 months ago. The one where we all got the exact same classifications, super cool with latent nerdiness.
true... but i think someone scored off the chart and had to be taken to the loonie bin.

haven't seen trinker for a while...ho ho ho!

i'm pretty sure it's ordinal anyways. most scales in the social sciences are ordinal in nature
Ah! Thank you! I thought that I read that somewhere, but I can barely find anything helpful to a college student on the PAI who isn't an expert, so now my brain is all dilapidated.

I'm still in the fog about the Alternate Uses Test.

You don't show how the test is scored.

Many things don't fall neatly into nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio. If this scale (like many) is gotten by adding up items then it is between interval and ordinal. By adding items, you are assuming an interval scale.

I wrote about this on my blog: