Income Inequality Data

Hi, I have the task of finding and calculating an average value for income inequality for all countries from 1997 to 2005. However, I cannot find this data anywhere and was hoping someone could recommend some sites where to find it? I don't need help with the actual tasks I need to complete but sourcing it is seeming impossible. I've already tried World Bank and OECD but it only has a limited amount of data to hand.

AngleWyrm

The distribution of income is not a normal distribution, so 'average' doesn't make a lot of sense. This is why it's usually measured as the median income, the point at which half the data is above and half the data is below.

The distribution of income is not a normal distribution, so 'average' doesn't make a lot of sense. This is why it's usually measured as the median income, the point at which half the data is above and half the data is below.
Thanks - do any best places to locate any of this data at all?

Miner

TS Contributor
Hi, I have the task of finding and calculating an average value for income inequality for all countries from 1997 to 2005. However, I cannot find this data anywhere and was hoping someone could recommend some sites where to find it? I don't need help with the actual tasks I need to complete but sourcing it is seeming impossible. I've already tried World Bank and OECD but it only has a limited amount of data to hand.
Is this what you are looking for?