Installing the "bivpois" package in r

I have to install the "bivpois" package in the software R using Windows. Browsing on the Internet on StackOverflow site, I found different solution to my problem, but I cannot to solve that.

The R version is the 3.1.2.

I tried to install this package, as suggested by some on the Internet, running the following lines:

Using a zip file;

Code:
install.packages('FILE_LOCATION',repos=NULL,type="source")
Using the code file

Code:
install.packages('FILE_LOCATION',repos=NULL,type="source")[CODE]

Using the link of the website where one can download the package:

[CODE]install.packages("bivpois", repos = "http://stat-athens.aueb.gr/~jbn/papers/paper14.htm",type = "source")
The last 3 way give an error as output, while running "Install package from local zip file" by the menu allows to install properly (apparently) the package. When I want to call the package after installed, using
Code:
library()
R gives the following error:

Code:
Error: package ‘bivpois’ was built before R 3.0.0: please re-install it
and updating by running
Code:
update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE, ask = FALSE)
does not help to call the package.

How can I install and use this package in you opinion?
Yhanks in advance for the help!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
That's an old package and isn't package properly to work with R version >= 3.0.0. The source code is available for you to call directly but you won't be able to install it as a package as it currently is. Either contact the author or just source the scripts.

That's an old package and isn't package properly to work with R version >= 3.0.0. The source code is available for you to call directly but you won't be able to install it as a package as it currently is. Either contact the author or just source the scripts.
Ok. Thanks for the answer. :)