3. Theory behind probability distributions and when to apply them. Also I would like to understand time series and zero inflated models better. AND I would love to have Jakes knowledge about the lme4 pakage and mixed models. (Its not too much to ask is it?)
1) Water catchment issues would be good (water quality mainly). I know that it is being a fair bit in my state, but I have seen little evidence of the output, so I am a little unsure whether prople are using it becasue it is the latest "trend" or whether they truely understand it and its applications in this area.
2) Yes I do. Quark and I discussed the SM status, but as for contributor status I just logged in one day to find that I had it. It was before your good self started the nomination process, so I think I was made a contributor when others like MP83, Martingale, John M and a few others started visiting less frequently.
3) LOVE LINUX LOVE IT. I am using puppy linux on my old laptop, but MINT (MATE) 13 on my "beast" with r-studio. I tried Cinnamon and like iit ok, but the version I had was very buggy. I want to try Fedora next - maybe, but right now I love MINT. I was getting a bit tired of unity so quit Ubuntu.
4) No. Affraid not. I tried python for a bit, but just didnt get it.
5) A piece of twisted and worn rope walks into a bar and asks for a drink. The bar tender replies are you a piece of rope becasue we dont serve your kind here. the rope replies - "no I am a frayed knot"
6) US Dollars?
If trinker hadn't been so kind in helping me out with some ggplot2 stuff recently I would say yes. Raptors and followers there of, should be banned.
I have written an R script to perform CA. It aims to pick the best from the pachages ca, FactoMiner, and anacor. I have also written a paper illustrating the use (and the pros) of the script (from an archaeological standpoint, but it could be interesting also to a more general audience).
If you want, I could let you read a draft.
Favorate? Thats a tricky one CB. I have to say my tastes are seasonal. In the winter I cant go past Porter or Guiness and I love Montieths Black and Bock.
Summer - Pilsners and Largers.
The one I am proud of most is a batch of Czech Pils that I made last Summer it had 12 different hops in it and worked beatifully. Im not sure it was the best tasting beer ever, but the fact that it didn't explode, made it special to me.
+1 to all these perfect movies. Which movies are your most disliked ones? Do you like action movies which are made for the sake of showing off action and technology? Your taste shows you like more complicated movies. But would be glad if you tell us more.
I am glad I can know you better now. Your name always reminded me of the Bugman in WWE! Its so great that you have been into stats with your totally different backgrounds.
My questions might be repetitious because I had asked these from Dason, and some future questions were asked from myself. But I am interested to know these about you too:
1. How old are you?
2. Are you married?
3. Could you rank the ten best things you like (or whatever number you are comfortable with)? Why?
4. Could you please rank the ten worst things you hate most (or whatever number you like), and why?
5. To which extent do you consider yourself successful? To which extent are you satisfied with your current position and successes? I mean generally, excluding the short-term fluctuations.
Thanks for your reply in advance. I would ask you so many further questions too, if you don't mind
3) this is really hard. I was a professional chef before returning to study ecology and statistics, so its tough. But actually, I love simple food done well. I love pasta, seafood and am particulalry keen on lamb sagwalah and dossi. Can't beat a good cheeseburger though!