Is it possible to create forest plots from precomputed data?

j4ne

Hi all,

1. Is it possible to create forest plots from precomputed data? I'm not sure what syntax to use (I'm unfamiliar with Stata - more familiar with SAS).

I have Study name, Year, Hedge's G, LCI, UCI, Weight. I also have these data for the Overall effect estimate (so don't need Stata to calculate the diamond).

I optimistically tried this command, which Stata rejected: . metan hg _LCI _UCI _WT, rr lcols (name year) xlabel (-2, -1.5, -1, -.05, 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2)

2a. For the funnel plot, I used this command with precomputed data, with success: . metafunnel hg _SE, xtitle (Hedge's G) ytitle (Standard Error)

Looking at the funnel plot, some values seem off, but I might be imagining things. Is there any reason the above command would be incorrect (eg, maybe data needs to be transformed into a log scale)?

2b. I can't get the funnel plot to calculate the Egger regression test for funnel-plot asymmetry. Going off the syntax here: . metafunnel logor selogor, xtitle(Log odds ratio) ytitle(Standard error of log OR)
> egger

When I type variations of "> egger", the "unrecognised command" error comes up.

Many thanks for any help