Item Response Theory (IRT) and Response Time (Millisecond)

Greetings from Spain, I have a question

My doctoral thesis professor and I want to apply IRT to a series of neuropsychological tests (STROOP, Ekman, Discounting Test among others)

The bibliography on the subject is almost nonexistent.

Can this model be applied for continuous variables? Can ms be analyzed from the TRI?

No [0,1]

Thank you all,

regards

Possibly. My understanding of IRT is a bit limited, so forgive me if I get off track.

You may be able to approach the research such that people who respond to the tests in a particular way are expected to have a certain response time. The response time may be indicative of a neuropsychological condition, which through the use of IRT you would be able to detect response styles in the questionnaires or testing performance.

My understanding of IRT is that an individual is expected to respond to items on a test in a particular manner due to the underlying condition, which the test will also detect. For example, someone with ADHD is expected to respond to questions about attention, focus, and time management in a manner which suggests they have difficulty in these areas, while the overall test will determine if they meet criteria for ADHD. However, people who meet criteria for ADHD are more likely to respond to questions about attention, focus, and time management in a way which shows they have trouble in those areas.