Journals statisticians read

Hi. I learned statistics on self-study and really am enthusiastic about the subject. I want to increase my knowledge by reading journal articles written by practitioners. Can anyone refer me to at least one journal that I can reference that will increase my knowledge?
Thanks

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
I would still say it would be beneficial to know what sector you plan to apply these methods towards (e.g., ecommerce, gov, medical, education). Finding relevant examples in your application field helps one to process how they work in a contextual setting.

I would still say it would be beneficial to know what sector you plan to apply these methods towards (e.g., ecommerce, gov, medical, education). Finding relevant examples in your application field helps one to process how they work in a contextual setting.
I am unemployed right now, so I don't have a specific field in mine except that I am enrolled in a data science course. I would want to use the readings to make myself relevant with the stats aspect. Just give me a journal that would serve general purposes for both students and professionals.

fed2

whatever books you got in your course will probably have some references at end of chapter or end of book. Using those journals will have the advantage of being most relevant to course, and sort of gives two birds with one stone as far as grades go.

whatever books you got in your course will probably have some references at end of chapter or end of book. Using those journals will have the advantage of being most relevant to course, and sort of gives two birds with one stone as far as grades go.
Thanks for that pointer. I will look out for them this time around. Kills two birds with one stone.

noetsi

Fortran must die
You might want to look at the academy of management journal. It has been many years since I was in research, but this is among the most elite empirical journals in business. The Journal of New England Medicine, JAMA (both in medicine), and JAPA (psychology) are other applied journals.

As others noted there are specific journals for specific majors. I noted ones I am aware of (I worked in administration research).