Learning how to create graphics based on multiple statistical values, is it possible?

I am looking for help in compiling the data from multiple studies using different statistical values to make a graphic combining this data. I would like to also be taught how it was done so that I may become proficient in doing so. I am looking for simple X and Y-axis graphs, nothing extravagant. I do not have access to the data that the studies used to make their tables and charts, so I am not even sure this is possible (is it?). I have tried self-teaching using SPSS and excel, but have been struggling.

Last edited:

noetsi

Fortran must die
Its really dangerous to do this. If they collected the data differently, had different methodologies, different reliabilities etc you are comparing unlike data that looks alike in your system

Its really dangerous to do this. If they collected the data differently, had different methodologies, different reliabilities etc you are comparing unlike data that looks alike in your system
Thank you for the reply!
What would be the next best alternative? Contacting the researchers for their actual data?

noetsi

Fortran must die
Thank you for the reply!
What would be the next best alternative? Contacting the researchers for their actual data?
You might consider meta analysis which is designed for this issue. However, it is complex and not graphical in nature. Even if you contact people, and they respond which does not always happen, it will be hard to get at details on how they gathered the data.