Least Squares

Hahah, I haven't heard anybody say the phrase 'stop playing silly buggers' in a long while, reminds me of when I was a child :D!

But also this looks like some sort of assessment or homework, which is given for a reason to help you learn...

I am not sure of what the expression means ('stop playing silly buggers'), but I am not sure of what wrong 'Dave Brunner' had done. He just needed to start working and show effort and if he had got difficulties we would have helped him.

'Dave Brunner' can take this as an insult or take it as information (that: start to work, show what you can do and what you can not.)

I am sorry that he wrote an angry comment: "Delete. Unhelpful responses." If he returns maybe he will be helped.

bugman

Super Moderator
Greta, it was not meant as an insult but with reference to the fact he posted several posts without showing any effort even though you an byran had given him some clues to get started. But once bryan had told him to get to work he just posted delete delete delete. In this thread he pretty much did the same thing and did not attempt to show any effort. If it sounds offensive I will rephrase it, but I stand by my reasoning.

... he posted several posts without showing any effort even though you an byran had given him some clues to get started. But once bryan had told him to get to work he just posted delete delete delete. In this thread he pretty much did the same thing and did not attempt to show any effort. If it sounds offensive I will rephrase it, but I stand by my reasoning.
Now I understand what you mean.

Greta, it was not meant as an insult
I am sure that Bugman did not intend this as an insult. My comment was more directed to new posters like Dave Bunner. They can misunderstand an urging to show effort, or even yelling: "START WORKING", as an insult but I try to say that it would be better if they regarded it as information, that they need to do something themselves, and then maybe they will be helped. We should not spoon feed them as trinker said.