Linux

Thank you friend, the content seems to be very good. I will study this and then look for a slightly more advanced material. My biggest fear is to invest much time in LibreOffice, and in the future the place I work is just use MS Office. Do you think I'm moving forward with LibreOffice, will have difficulties with MS Office.

vinux

Dark Knight
Thank you friend, the content seems to be very good. I will study this and then look for a slightly more advanced material. My biggest fear is to invest much time in LibreOffice, and in the future the place I work is just use MS Office. Do you think I'm moving forward with LibreOffice, will have difficulties with MS Office.
I don't use any office product now. In my experience, it is not difficult moving from LibreOffice -> MS Office. For eg: The basic functions are almost same in Libre Calc and Excel. The difference is mainly in the add ins. There is some difference in formatting in between Word products. The MS Office product is better finished product than Libre (at least by the look). So one may not like to switch from MS Office to Libre without strong reason (Could be money or open source philosophy, etc.,).

I don't use any office product now. In my experience, it is not difficult moving from LibreOffice -> MS Office. For eg: The basic functions are almost same in Libre Calc and Excel. The difference is mainly in the add ins. There is some difference in formatting in between Word products. The MS Office product is better finished product than Libre (at least by the look). So one may not like to switch from MS Office to Libre without strong reason (Could be money or open source philosophy, etc.,).
You know how to install Minitab on linux? Archlinux more specifically.

Emacs has been the single best thing I have learned during the past year and a half. It has made me considerably more productive; org-mode, awesome syntax highlighting, using git is a breeze with magit, auto-indenting in ess makes my code look so much better and for R: r-autoyas which really speeds-up R coding to the max. I also do ssh management and directory management in it and I can send R codes to our cluster with a key-stroke. Looking back I think Emacs was really a good switch all in all... I just wish it would come with a decent text editor.

vinux

Dark Knight
@TE, happy to read your post. I was not able experiment with Emacs for the last few months. Now I am buying a new laptop where windows installed. Planning to use windows for next one year. I am making this sacrifice to get collaborators for my research.

I am sure that trinker would love org-mode. It is a perfect application for a person like him.