Mann Whitney U test and Spearman test using GraphPad prism 6 interpretation

I have analyzed two biological sample (Soil 1 and Soil 2) by Mann-Whitney U test and Spearman test using GraphPad Prism 6 software.
I got following result

For Mann-Whitney test
Table Analyzed One-way ANOVA data

Column B Soil 2
vs. vs.
Column A Soil 1

Mann Whitney test
P value < 0.0001
Exact or approximate P value? Approximate
P value summary ****
Significantly different? (P < 0.05) Yes
One- or two-tailed P value? Two-tailed
Sum of ranks in column A,B 6.723e+006 , 3.118e+006
Mann-Whitney U 657219

Difference between medians
Median of column A 2.000, n=2218
Median of column B 0.0, n=2218
Difference: Actual -2.000
Difference: Hodges-Lehmann -2.000

For Spearman test
Spearman r
r 0.07615
95% confidence interval 0.03341 to 0.1186

P value
P (two-tailed) 0.0003
P value summary ***
Exact or approximate P value? Approximate
Significant? (alpha = 0.05) Yes

Number of XY Pairs 2218

How to interpret the result and image, so that i can use this information to write in the article ?
[/ATTACH]

Shashank

gianmarco

TS Contributor
I believe that you should provide people here with some more background as to the data, your research question, and what are you trying to test. As for the latter, I am wondering why are you using both MW test and Spearman'r.

Best
Gm

I believe that you should provide people here with some more background as to the data, your research question, and what are you trying to test. As for the latter, I am wondering why are you using both MW test and Spearman'r.
I have done meta-genomic DNA isolation of two soils, and analyzed by QIIME software and got the abundance table (contains taxonomy followed by abundance). I wanted to analyzed statistics on these data to see whether they the taxonomy obtained in two soils are associated with each other in terms of occurrence.

I am not a statistician, should i use other test for the above mentioned biological data ?

Best !
Shashank