Manual entry of an existing regression equation possible ? Which software? JMP ?

Hi,

Do you know what (preferrably free/ free trial) software allows u to manually enter a desired regression equation? (and then calculate R-squared and other statistics based on it?) I already have the equation i wish to investigate.

Every software i've come across doesn't seem to allow plugging in an existing regression equation, but rather they always wish to calculate their best line of fit.

I have an existing equation which i wish to investigate both graphically and also show the relevant statistics. I'd prefer not to get into why that is , but just inquire whether the aforementioned is possible.

I have access to JMP. But am a novice w this software, so do not know how to perform manual entry of a ready regression equation.

Thank you in advance. :)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Please don't make duplicate threads. If you want your thread moved one of the moderators (myself included) would be happy to do that for you.

Hi Englund,

Thanks for your reply.

I have R , but am very new to it. (taking a course to learn it atm)
Have any idea about the command to enter your own regression equation , instead of having R calculate one for you?
(the rest i can probably figure out)