[Minitab 16] - Trouble with finding and fixing error in macro

(Solved) - [Minitab 16] - Trouble with finding and fixing error in macro (Solved)

Greetings fellow math lovers,

I was assigned this project, because our senior programmer retired and my boss decided to and I quote "let the intern do it". Basically, the previous programmer, made some macros for Minitab 13 and had to change many things when the company got Minitab 14. So based on this trend, my boss assumed the same held for Minitab 16. This is the only macro that is giving me trouble as the rest of them work fine.

I am not new to Minitab, however my experience with programming is very minimal. I am trying to learn the Macro language in Minitab, but there's only so much I can learn in two days. I'm trying to run a Macro in Minitab, and the error I keep getting returned is as follows:

* ERROR * Subcommand ASPE is out of sequence or is not valid with this
* command.
* Remaining subcommands ignored.
* Completion of computation impossible.

* ERROR * Macro exiting...

Is it because the sub command aspect no longer exists in Minitab 16? I thought that might be the case considering when I look in the alphabetical command list in Minitab it is not listed. Thinking it was simply the sub command that was the problem I deleted it from the macro and ran it again. However, I got another error:

* ERROR * Subcommand PLOT is out of sequence or is not valid with this
* command.
* Remaining subcommands ignored.
* Completion of computation impossible.

* ERROR * Macro exiting...

I managed to narrow the problem down somewhat, if I deleted the nine lines of code before the PLOT command (note: there is only one plot command in the entire macro), the macro would run. However, the result I get is not the one I want. Please see the attached image named "Help" to see what I mean.

That image is the one I get after deleting the nine lines of code, and the image named "True Position Graph" is the one I am trying to achieve.

Since I can't attach the macro file with the .MAC extension. I will include a copy of the macro used in Minitab, this will also be named "Help", with the extension .txt attached to it.

Also in addition there must be data in the first four columns of Minitab 16, to ensure we get the same results this is what my data is:

X
Y
2.9982 0.9997 0.005 Target Radius
2.9985 0.9981 3.000 "X"
2.9991 0.9987 1.000 "Y"
2.9979 0.9991
2.9987 0.9981
2.9983 0.9987
2.9990 0.9994
2.9982 0.9993
2.9981 0.9999
2.9979 1.0002

Note: The "X" and "Y" are the column headers for the first two columns, the next two columns do not have any headers.

Unfortunately, the document that explains Bi variate data and true position (it relates to this macro and what I'm trying to accomplish) is an unpublished document from my company so I don't think I'm allowed to share it on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Miner

TS Contributor
Replace ASPECT 1 1 with GRAPH 1 1. Don't forget to add the "." to end the command string.

SCFRAME and SCANNOTATION are obsolete in Minitab 16. You can either delete them or add a # in front of them. I could not identify replacement subcommands, but the graph appears identical to yours without using them. Then you must add a "." to the end of the OVERLAY subcommand to end the command string.