Minitab Control Chart Help

We are using minitab to chart performance over time in our system.

We are using the following chart to show number of demands pulled for each team member:

Stat>Control Charts> Variable Charts for individual>individual

We set the lower control limit to zero as the number of demands pulled cannot be a negative.

I was wondering if you can ‘split’ the data to show different trends. We used to use Winchart software where you could split the data where there were x amount of data points either above or below the mean. Is this something that you can do on Minitab? If so how?

Thanks

(added in an edit)
I might have misunderstood your original question. You want to (for example) have Minitab generate a new control chart with a new starting point when a certain number of below-the-mean points are seen? Something like that?

We are using minitab to chart performance over time in our system.

We are using the following chart to show number of demands pulled for each team member:

Stat>Control Charts> Variable Charts for individual>individual

We set the lower control limit to zero as the number of demands pulled cannot be a negative.

I was wondering if you can ‘split’ the data to show different trends. We used to use Winchart software where you could split the data where there were x amount of data points either above or below the mean. Is this something that you can do on Minitab? If so how?

Thanks
You can use the Data -> Subset Worksheet... command to do that. Under "Specify Which Rows to Include" choose "Rows that match" a condition, where your condition is 'column' >= 200 or something like that.

Last edited:

Miner

TS Contributor
Create a column that contains an indicator value for the two time periods of interest. Then go into the Options menu, select the Stages tab, and enter the column containing the indicator values.